Sunday, 17 April 2016

Block Printing Fun

They are selling these great little block printing resources from a shop called Tiger UK along with quite reasonable cutting tools as well.
The printing block set is £2 and the cutting tools are £5

The printing block set also comes with 4 pieces of tracing paper to help transfer your design

I experimented with both lino-ink and Indian-ink. The better, clearer result was using Indian ink applied using the ink pad.

I had great fun making the block and printing the images. Several of the prints have been made into cards that have been sent to friends and family. I have got some ideas about how I could use these blocks to print something onto some of my me-made garments.

9 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I wish I'd seen the block printing kit! You could make a killer greetings card with that - a bit of embroidery and it would be perfect. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie.Yes the printing kits are great value!

      Delete
  2. This looks fantastic! Thanks for the info; I've been thinking of having a go for a while, mainly for fabric. Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, Yes I am planning on printing up some fabric too!

      Delete
  3. Marimekko pencils! So you :) The printing looks fun, can imagine lots of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Carolee - the pencils were a birthday present x

      Delete
  5. That looks like SO much fun. Could you print your own fabric? That would be awesome! I can imagine a motive like this on a patch pocket, or on an apron front as a house warming gift.

    ReplyDelete