Saturday, 5 October 2013

Pin-tuck Sorbetto

This is my third Colette Sorbetto top (first here and second here) and on this ocassion I decided to slightly deviate from the simple pleat at the front and add pin-tucks to the centre. I franken-patterned the Colette Sorbetto with the pin-tuck section of Tilly's Mathilde blouse.

I added a section of pin-tucking from Tilly's Mathilde blouse onto the centre fold of the Sorbetto
I wanted to make the top in a white cotton polka dot so I could wear it for work with a range of skirts and trousers. Here are the results.


7 comments:

  1. LOVE the pintucking, what a terrific idea! Do you think I could just add a pattern piece with lines drawn on for pintucks if I don't have the Mathilde pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Catja, adding a pattern pieces with lines drawn on (which is essentially what the pin-tuck section I added is) would work just as well. I have to be honest that I used the Mathilde blouse section because I was being lazy and didn't want to have to draw it out by hand : )
      Thanks for the lovely comment btw, C

      Delete
  2. It's really pretty, I like the polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel - I have had this idea in my had for a while and only got around to making it at the end of the summer but its nice with a snuggly cardigan ; )

      Delete
  4. I'm taking inspiration from you and am going to download this pattern tomorrow. I went to an unreal fabric market today in Shenzhen and bought 7 new fabrics, so i need some more patterns! Loving the pintucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie - its a great free pattern but the bust darts seem to be too high on most people so check that out / make a muslim before cutting into anything too precious!

      Delete