Sunday, 8 September 2013

Vintage Fair in Hammersmith

I met my friend Nat at Hammersmith Town Hall at 10am for the P&A Vintage Fair (They are held in London every month in a different venue).

Getting there early(ish for a Sunday) paid off - it was quite quiet!
Nat was looking for 1940's - 1950's stuff and I was on the hunt for 1960's sewing patterns (and any cool stuff really).

We both got lucky - Nat got a gorgeous 1950's hand-made Mexican circle skirt. It is yellow with hand-painted black texture and a hand-painted black and bronze border!
I found a stall with loads of old sewing patterns. After a good systematic rummage through them all I settled for these three babies. And they were only £4 each too!

Vogue 6510, Simplicity 6392 and Butterick 3814



Which one would you like to make?
Which one do you think I should sew first?

9 comments:

  1. I would be tempted to make the Simplicity dress with the collar from the Butterick pattern! I like all the patterns but I think I'd be most excited to see the Butterick dress first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe,
      Yes I was thinking of that one first too. I really like the simple sleeveless version - but may try out that collar. It looks like fun!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, I was really lucky to find these - not many stalls had sewing patterns - but this lady had quite a few to choose from!

      Delete
  3. The Butterick 3/4 sleeve looks like it would be a great dress for autumn/winter!
    -Lauren of Rosie Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I though that too. Hope I get a chance to get on my machine before the season passes!

      Delete
  4. Thanks - I agree, but my sewing time has been eaten up with home refurbisments (removing ceilings, flooring etc...) No time for sewing until Xmas now : (

    ReplyDelete
  5. What bargains ! Hopefully you can start one soon - I'd do Butterick because of the gorgeous collar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the collar is really cute too, but I might start with the collarless version first to get the fit right and take it from there....

      Delete