Seeing so many Turner paintings in one place has a huge impact; his amazing use of light and delicate colour palettes are gorgeous!
I was also excited to see the Phyllida Barlow installation that was a series of site specific sculptures entitled 'Docks'. The show ended at the weekend and I was so happy to get a chance to see the sculptures because they were so crazy, huge, over-whelming, fun and serious all at the same time.
![]() |
| Phyllida Barlow's Dock sculptural installation at Tate Briatin, 6th October 2014 |
We also checked out the four finalists for the 2014 Turner Prize.
There are three video installation artists in the final this year which I wasn't that bothered about. My favourite entry was by Ciara Phillips. She has created a screen printed room and worked with other artists and womens' groups to create a collaborative art piece.
![]() |
| Ciara Phillip's very Warholesque screen-printed room at Tate Britain |
![]() |
| Ciara Phillip's screen printed room |
What do you think of them?




I'm with you, i don't appreciate video installations and the screen printed room looks awesome! Very jealous of your evening gallery visits, we get a few visiting art shows throughout the year and their is a gallery, but it's heavily Chinese art orientated! I usually gather my art gallery viewing on holiday - we did Australian ones this summer. Which is your favourite art gallery abroad?
ReplyDeleteHi Sophie, I love the Guggenheim and MOMA in NYC and the Pompidou Centre in Paris. I also thought Gaudi's Casa Batllo in Barcelona was absolutely amazing too. So many great ones yet to visit too ; )
DeleteLoving the sound of your Australian art visits - you should do a retrospective review on your blog - or are you just keeping it to sewing stuff?