To say thank you I sent her this zippered bag I made from stash fabric using a combination of Alison Glass and Cloud 9 cottons and an orange zip. I hope she likes it!
The following gifts I made for my lovely creative friend Charlotte whose birthday it was yesterday. She loves Orla Kiely's aesthetics so when I spotted the leaf print fabric (which has a Kiely-style look) at the Craft Swish last week I knew I could make something nice out of it for her.
The zippered pouch is loosely based on this free pattern from Noodlehead which I learnt how to make at a workshop at the Village Haberdashery last week.
Check out lots of other cool crafty blogs at #handmademonday organised by Julia of Sum of their Stories.











All fantastic gifts both to receive and for your friend
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Caroline
ReplyDeleteOh what lovely gifts!! I admired the zipped pouch on Marilla’s Instagram today & wondered who’d made it for her. I love the fabric she printed for you too!
ReplyDeleteYes, its a lovely print that Marilla made for me. I'm glad she received her gift too (I just checked out her IG just now).
DeleteHiya Caroline, I love my bag and just wish I'd sewn the one I sent you as well! It already has a knitting project in it and I am so thrilled. Thank you lovely xxxx
ReplyDeleteMy pleasure. Glad you liked it! Thank you for my fab bag too!!
DeleteWhat lovely gifts and sharing the kindness. x
ReplyDeleteI love your zippered pouches, they are such a useful gift. So versatile.
ReplyDeleteYes - I need to make some for myself now!
DeleteI love making these out of leftovers. Yours are pretty funky. I use them to hold crochet and knitting projects. Thanks for popping by. Jo x
ReplyDeleteYes - they are very handy for all sorts of things. I definitely need to make myself one or two!
Delete