Materials and Equipment:
- A1 cartridge paper
- Card x 2 A6 (mount-board / grey board / general card)
- Glue
- Double-sided tape
- Ribbon or string
- Scissors / craft knife / paper trimmer
I re-used grey board which can be found on the back of good quality sketchbooks and some left-over mount-board for the front cover. Of course you can use any type of card for this sketchbook and decorate them in a variety of ways. I am planning another blogpost on this idea soon.
Onto the instructions...
Double sided tape is used to hold the ribbons in place here as it is a strong hold. If you were using a PVA glue or mod-podge craft glue that would work perfectly well too.
I will report back later when my new hand-made sketchbook is full of artwork!
Check out lots of other cool crafty blogs at #handmademonday organised by Julia of Sum of their Stories.










it's so simple and awesome :D thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteMy pleasure!
DeleteI think my kids would like to make these! Lovely idea xx
ReplyDeleteI made them with my GCSE art class at school last week Anna and they loved it!
DeleteBrilliant tutorial and a lot easier than it looks, thank you
ReplyDeleteGreat idea.
ReplyDeleteThat looks fun, I remember as a kid making those mini books from 1 sheet of A4, this is liek a super upgraded version of that. I look forward to seeing it all filled up!
ReplyDelete