Last Wednesday I took an evening class at
Cass Art in Islington. I spent a delightful 2-hours drawing a life model who was wearing a beautiful selection of clothing designed by
Suzi G Lee.
The cost (£15) includes all materials and paper and the advice of an Italian life drawing tutor and fashion illustrator Francesco La Ianoco. I had a really great time and produced a decent amount of work in the short time frame. Francesco started the class with 5 and 10-minute sketches leading up to 15 and 25 minutes later in the session.
The garments by Suzie Lee (a recent London Fashion graduate) were very striking and fun to draw. I didn't get a chance to take a photograph so you will have to rely on my fluid and quick interpretations of her work. Stripes, pleats, neoprene, scuba and bold colours were a re-occurring feature in the clothes which I hope you will enjoy seeing in my sketches.
Outfit One: Neoprene bodice with large stripy pleated skirt
 |
| 10-minute sketch in Promarker pen and Windsor and Newton watercolours |
 |
| 15 minute sketch in Promarker pen and Windsor and Newton watercolours |
 |
| 25-minute sketch in Promarker pens, Windsor and Newton watercolours and oil pastels |
 |
| 10-minute sketch in pencil crayon |
 |
| 10-minute sketch in Promarker pens and oil pastels |
Outfit Two: High waisted trousers with raglan sleeve boxy top, over-sized jacket and bag
 |
| 25-minute sketch in Promarker pens, Windsor and Newton watercolours and oil pastels |
 |
| 10-minute continuous line sketch in Promarker pens and Windsor and Newton watercolours |
 |
| 15-minute sketch in Promarker pens, Windsor and Newton watercolours and oil pastels |
 |
| 25-minute sketch in Promarker pens, Windsor and Newton watercolours and oil pastels |
 |
| 10-minute sketch in Promarker pens, Windsor and Newton watercolours and oil pastels |
I had such a relaxing time looking at the fabulous clothes and spending some time practising my drawing techniques and skills and would highly recommend this class to others.
You seem to find the most amazing classes and workshops. Maybe it's a living in London thing. I'm not sure anything this interesting happens round here.
ReplyDeleteYour drawings are just lovely.
Thanks Julie. I do keep my eye out for fun things to do and I think there are always loads of things going on in London - so much so I often get the dreaded FOMO (fear of missing out) feelings but then I tell myself to get a grip and enjoy what I AM doing!!
DeleteWow these are amazing! What a great workshop,
ReplyDeleteThanks. It was a really fun workshop!
DeleteHi Caroline! Thank you so much for sharing this! SO very happy you enjoyed this session, hope to see you again! Have a nice summer! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Francesco! I had a great time!
Delete