Monday was scorchio then on Tuesday the heavens opened to full on torrential rain for two days and back to hot and humid temperatures on Thursday and Friday. Luckily I managed to wear appropriate attire (making sure I had a cardigan and raincoat in my bag!).
Day Nine
Top: Colette Laurel Top in 100% cotton from Samuel Taylors, Leeds. Made 2015
Skirt: SOI Tulip skirt in blue medium weight cotton from Ray Stitch, Islington. Made 2014
Necklace: Tatty Devine Phone Call necklace S/S 2016
Watch: Red G Shock
Shoes: Paul Smith red Miller brogues
Day Ten
Top: Grainline Scout Tee in 100% cotton from Samuel Taylors, Leeds. Made 2013
Trousers: Gap
Necklace: Tatty Devine (Sample Sale 2016) Spaceship Statement necklace S/S 2014
Watch: Clear G Shock
Trainers: New Balance
Day Eleven
Top: Simplicity 1634 in Liberty Tana Lawn, Sharkut, Kensington. Made 2015
Trousers: Gap
Necklace: Tatty Devine (Sample Sale 2016) Jewel Print Triple necklace A/W 2013
Watch: Clear G Shock
Shoes: Paul Smith tan Marcello loafers
Day Twelve
Top: Grainline Scout Tee in 100% cotton gifted by Sophie, Hong Kong. Made 2016
Trousers: Gap
Necklace: Tatty Devine
Watch: Clear G Shock
Trainers: New Balance
Day Thirteen
Top: Grainline Scout Tee in viscose from John Lewis sale, London. Made 2014.
Skirt: Liesl & Co Everyday Skirt in viscose from John Lewis sale, London. Made 2015.
Watch: Red G Shock
Shoes: Paul Smith red Miller brogues
A surprise entry for Friday with a top & skirt combo that looks like a dress because they are made in the same lovely drapey viscose! It was the first time I have worn them together and I got lots of compliments from work colleagues today which is always a bonus when you have made the garments yourself.
How are you getting on with Me-Made-May this year?
A surprise entry for Friday with a top & skirt combo that looks like a dress because they are made in the same lovely drapey viscose! It was the first time I have worn them together and I got lots of compliments from work colleagues today which is always a bonus when you have made the garments yourself.
How are you getting on with Me-Made-May this year?







Loving your commitment to Tatty and me made! I'm not doing a great job of wearing me made clothing. Our weather is also weird - had red rain on Tuesday, which means no school!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sophie! Did you get your surprise parcel yet? Hope it got to you OK?!
DeleteLooking good :) I really love the top from day 11. I'm making my first scout t at the moment, inspired by all your wonderful and very wearable versions!
ReplyDeleteAs you know I love the Scout tee as it is so easy to make and uses just a metre of fabric! Have fun making your Scout ; )
DeleteI love your outfits, I would wear everyone. I thought the last one was a dress too! Your 2016 personal challenge sounds very much like mine. I am not wearing 'it' because I made it anymore, I am wearing 'it' because it is a better fit than what I can buy. Bravo to you Caroline, thanks for popping over to my MMM16. Jo x
ReplyDeletehttp://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk
Thanks Jo! It is great to find new sewing bloggers x
DeleteI love your wardrobe and would wear all of it! I thought the last photo was a dress too, it is always good for the soul to get compliments. I am not an owner of the Scout T pattern- why ever not I am now wondering....Your 2016 personal challenge sounds very much like mine. I am not wearing 'it' because I made it anymore, I am wearing 'it' because it is a better fit than what I can buy. Bravo to you Caroline, thanks for popping over. Jo x
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteGreat second week. You have the most amazing selection of necklaces! Love the matching outfit, really works!
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you Louise! I have been enjoying making an effort to dig out these crazy necklaces - sometimes you don't have the energy to co-ordinate an outfit!
Delete