Last weekend I attended a fun 90 minute workshop at Tatty Devine at Brick Lane. This was the third make-your-own jewellery event I have enjoyed at the Brick Lane shop (bunting necklaces blogged about
here).
Onto the workshop; you get a pack of laser-cut acrylic pieces for the style of necklace of that session. About ten other keen Tatty D enthusiasts we all set for parakeet necklaces with a tropical colour way (exclusive to the make-your-own-workshop session).
Here is the necklace in progress - I'm getting quite good at manipulating those jump rings now!
 |
| The first step is to lay out the acrylic pieces in order on the handy printed out A4 sheet. |
 |
| Get handy with the pliers and attach the jump rings. The final step of construction is to add the chain - the most fiddly bit! |
 |
| The final reveal after the protective paper has been removed and all pieces have been carefully cleaned with white spirit! |
That is a great necklace! The workshop sounds really fun. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Caroline. It was great fun!
ReplyDelete