![]() |
| I added a section of pin-tucking from Tilly's Mathilde blouse onto the centre fold of the Sorbetto |
Saturday, 5 October 2013
Pin-tuck Sorbetto
This is my third Colette Sorbetto top (first here and second here) and on this ocassion I decided to slightly deviate from the simple pleat at the front and add pin-tucks to the centre. I franken-patterned the Colette Sorbetto with the pin-tuck section of Tilly's Mathilde blouse.
I wanted to make the top in a white cotton polka dot so I could wear it for work with a range of skirts and trousers. Here are the results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



LOVE the pintucking, what a terrific idea! Do you think I could just add a pattern piece with lines drawn on for pintucks if I don't have the Mathilde pattern?
ReplyDeleteYes Catja, adding a pattern pieces with lines drawn on (which is essentially what the pin-tuck section I added is) would work just as well. I have to be honest that I used the Mathilde blouse section because I was being lazy and didn't want to have to draw it out by hand : )
DeleteThanks for the lovely comment btw, C
It's really pretty, I like the polka dots :)
ReplyDeleteThat's adorable. Great idea
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachel - I have had this idea in my had for a while and only got around to making it at the end of the summer but its nice with a snuggly cardigan ; )
DeleteI'm taking inspiration from you and am going to download this pattern tomorrow. I went to an unreal fabric market today in Shenzhen and bought 7 new fabrics, so i need some more patterns! Loving the pintucks!
ReplyDeleteHi Sophie - its a great free pattern but the bust darts seem to be too high on most people so check that out / make a muslim before cutting into anything too precious!
Delete