Friday, 12 May 2017

Me-Made-May 2017 Week Two


Week two of Me-Made-May flew by. I started at the weekend wearing a very short shift dress Simplicity 9620 that I don't wear for work anymore since it shrunk in the wash. In my MMM2016 review I identified this dress as something I should modify by lengthening it with a section of fabric but I haven't got around to it yet. I think I should definitely do it so I can wear it more often!

The first half of the week was cold and I still needed layers of clothing (including my well-worn black Gap cardigan) but luckily it warmed up towards Thursday and Friday and you could feel spring was in the air!


Day Seven
Dress: Simplicity 9620 black and white plaid shift dress. Made 2014
Top: Gap
Tights: M&S
Necklace: Tatty Devine me-made at Brick lane workshop. Made 2017
Watch: Red G Shock
Bag: Pink Top Shop
Trainers: Liberty print Vans

Day Eight
Top: Grainline Scout Tee 100% cotton from Sophie, Hong Kong (underlined with cotton batiste). Made 2016
Trousers: Gap
Cardigan: Gap
Watch: Black G Shock
Trainers: Blue Nike Air Pegasus

Day Nine
Top: Merchant & Mills Camber Set top. Cotton seersucker. Made 2017
Skirt: Simplicity 2154 in poly-cotton twill from Samuel Taylors, Leeds. Made 2013.
Cardigan: Gap
Necklace: Tatty Devine A/W 2016
Watch: Red G Shock 
Shoes: Paul Smith black patent loafers

Day Ten
Top: Grainline Scout Tee 100% cotton from Sophie, Hong Kong (underlined with cotton batiste). Made 2016
Trousers: Gap
Cardigan: Gap
Necklace: Tatty Devine Bubbles S/S 2017
Watch: White G Shock
Shoes: Blue suede Paul Smith Miller Brogues

Day Eleven
Top: Colette Laurel Top. Made 2015
Trousers: Paul Smith
Necklace: Tatty Devine Haberdashery Floral A/W 2016
Watch: Olive G Shock
Shoes: Purple Paul Smith Dante Brogues

The length of my spotty Laurel top works really well with most of my skirts because they tend to sit at my natural waistline but with my Paul Smith trousers which fit at the hipline it meant if I tucked it in to look a little neater it soon wiggled out and bunched around. Maybe I should lengthen the body of the Laurel slightly on my next version?

Day Twelve
Top: Gap
Skirt: Sew Over It Tulip Skirt. Made 2014
Necklace: Tatty Devine Brushstrokes
Watch: White G Shock
Shoes: Red Paul Smith Miller Brogues

Another fun week of Me-Made-May. I am hoping the warmer weather is here for a little longer so I can wear more skirts and maybe some of the dresses I have made this year.

Has the weather affected your Me-Made wardrobe this week?

14 comments:

  1. Such a great wardrobe. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. CJ Could you help me please. I just opened my new Scout Tee pattern, the girls were arguing over lego and the puppy piddled on the floor and now I can't find the neck band piece! I have gone through the bin and unscrewed all the cut off pieces but it is not there. The dog must have eaten it or something!! Anyway could you let me know the length of the neckband from the start to size 10 an the width please... Hopefully, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo - I only have the cut out sections and not the full pattern. My neckline is a size 0 and its 85.5cm long and 2.5cm wide. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  3. Great line up for me-made-may, Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see week 2. I am due to post mine later today. The weather has been all over the place in the last 2 weeks, but this is helping me because I can draw on my summer and winter wardrobes. I did wonder whether that was why Zoe chose May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been a crazy mix up of weather conditions hasn't it! Thanks for stopping by Rosemary!

      Delete
  5. Caroline! I love the way you dress! I cannot even say what exactly it is. Everything works so well together! And those necklaces, and watches! I love how colorful it all looks without looking childish at all. I'm so glad you're sharing your mmm outfits here :-* So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kat! I've really been enjoying checking out your me-made wardrobe too again this year!

      Delete
  6. You are rocking this Me made May this year. I especially love you in that tulip skirt outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. It has been so weird weather-wise though it's hard to know what to wear.

      Delete
  7. You have been busy. My favourite is the first, the pinafore dress. I always think they look so smart.

    ReplyDelete