Saturday, 6 May 2017

Me-Made-May 2017 Week One

May is that time of year that fellow sewists, knitters, bloggers and crafters alike sign a pledge to wear their hand-made / up-cycled clothes for the month.

This fabulous idea was set up eight years ago by Zo from So Zo What Do You Know?  blog a pattern designer, sewer, teacher and super mum. It gets you thinking about your relationship with your hand-made wardrobe to identify any strengths and areas for development. Also a good time to cull any unworn items or fall in love with some long-forgotten makes that have not seen the light of day since last summer.

This is my fourth year participating and I am looking forward to analysing my hand-made wardrobe to see how I can refine and improve it further. My pledge went a little something like this....




Day Two
Trousers: Gap
Cardigan: Gap 
Watch: White G Shock
Socks: Gap
Shoes: Paul Smith Black Patent Loafers


Day Three
Top: Oliver Bonas
Brooch: Tatty Devine Atomic necklace A/W 2015
Shoes: Paul Smith blue suede Miller brogues


Day Four
Trousers: Gap
Cardigan: Gap
Necklace: Oliver Bonas
Watch: White G Shock
Socks: Paul Smith
Shoes: Paul Smith Purple Loafers


Day Five
Leggings: Gap
Cardigan: Gap
Scarf: V&A Revolution scarf
Watch: Black G Shock
Belt:Top Shop
Shoes: Paul Smith Chelsea Boots


Day Six
Leggings: Abercrombie & Fitch
Socks: Gap
Shoes: Birkenstocks

I've been a bit of a Merchant and Mills fan-girl during the first week of Me-Made-May. The Camber Set Top may replace my love for the Grainline Scout Tee and is fast approaching my TNT top pattern!!
I missed photographing my outfit on Bank Holiday Monday but it was just a Linden sweatshirt and joggers to help facilitate serious sofa time.

How are you getting on with Me-Made-May?

Check out lots of other cool crafty blogs at #handmademonday organised by Julia of Sum of their Stories.

12 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Me Made May last year but just haven't got my act together in time for this year. I may make it a bi-annual thing I think, otherwise I'd just be wearing pretty much the same thing again!
    You have had some fabulous outfits already, I love how many of your own makes go so well with your shop bought things. I need to get more organised with that and not so haphazard with my makes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I am really enjoying it so far this year although I wish it would get a bit warmer as I'm fed up of wearing cardigans and jumpers!

      Delete
  2. Those are some great combinations Caroline! You do really have an eye for what works well together and as before I love how you combine colours with monochromes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! You've worked that in so well - despite making quite a bit I don't seem to have anything that could work for MMM - and I suppose there is the point! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crafty Clyde. It is getting easier to curate my working wardrobe every year of MMM.

      Delete
  4. Not joining in this year but loving looking around everyone else's. I finally succumbed Caroline - I bought the scout tee pattern based on seeing it here so well made during me made may last year. Cutting one out today! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great stuff Jo. It is such a great stash buster and showcases beautiful prints really well because there are no darts. I'm looking forward to seeing your Scout tees!

      Delete