Friday, 26 May 2017

Me-Made-May 2017 Week Four


Yahoo. The week the weather got it's act together and it felt like summer! As you can see three days of skirts with bare legs and a general sense of not-caring if my pasty white legs may blind somebody as it is too warm to be bothered!

I wore my new BHL Charlotte pencil skirt on Tuesday and loved the fit of it but it is a tighter silhouette than the red Simplicity 2154 I wore on Friday. Overall a really enjoyable week because it felt like summer had arrived.


Day Twenty Two
Top: Grainline Scout Tee in John Lewis Viscose. Made 2014
Trousers: Gap
Necklace: Tatty Devine Brushstroke S/S 2015
Watch: Red G Shock
Shoes: Red Paul Smith Miller Brogues


Day Twenty Three
Skirt: By Hand London Charlotte Pencil Skirt in fabric gifted to me by my friend Sophie. Made 2017
T-Shirt: American Apparel
Necklace: Tatty Devine Watermelon necklace. S/S 2012
Watch: White G Shock
Shoes: Blue suede Paul Smith Miller Brogues



Day Twenty Four
Top: Grainline Scout Tee 100% cotton from Sophie, Hong Kong (underlined with cotton batiste). Made 2016
Trousers: Gap
Jacket: Levi's denim
Watch: White G Shock
Trainers: Blue Nike Air Pegasus


Day Twenty Five
Top: Merchant and Mills Camber Set Top in viscose from John Lewis sale, London. Made 2017. 
Skirt: Liesl & Co Everyday Skirt in viscose from John Lewis sale, London. Made 2016.
Watch: White G Shock
Bird Brooch: Hand-made 
Shoes: Paul Smith black patent loafers



Day Twenty Six
Top: Zara bought from Traid charity shop in Camden for £4!
Skirt: Simplicity 2154 in poly-cotton twill from Samuel Taylors, Leeds. Made 2013.
Brooch: Tatty Devine
Watch: Red G Shock 
Trainers: Nike blue Pegasus





This year's Me-Made-May is drawing to a close and I have enjoyed it as much as I have for the past three years. It is more fun now that I have a wider range of me-made garments to choose from and interesting to which ones get selected to wear again and again. I will be doing a bit of analysis about my most popular and / or comfortable items next week.

In the meantime enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend as it's supposed to be scorchio!

Check out lots of other cool crafty blogs at #handmademonday organised by Julia of Sum of their Stories.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely outfits! I especially like your red skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely bright outfits this week. The nice weather has made such a difference hasn't it. My favourite is your first Grainline Scout Tee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary - yes the weather has made a lot of difference!

      Delete
  3. Great week! I especially like the Camera Set Top and Everyday Skirt combination! But as usual I'm in awe with your bright and colorful garments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love day 25's outfit, the top and skirt that looks like a dress. You have done such an amazing job with this years Me made May, I need to get my act together for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wear a good mix of skirts and trousers. I made my first Scout Tee but I need to go down a size. Jo x

    ReplyDelete