Sunday, 5 February 2017

Stash Busting Works in Progress

This morning I spent an hour working on a couple of ongoing projects. After reading Jenny's review about Tilly's Cleo dungaree dress I decided to draft and cut out a lining for my burgundy needlecord version too. I had some cerise pink lining fabric in my stash leftover from a Colette Ginger skirt I made years ago.

To make a lining I drafted the front and back sections using the main pattern pieces and removing the facing section. You can see the orange drafting lines including a 1.5 cm seam allowance.


The other thing to consider is removing the seam allowance along the centre front or back line depending whether you are making the mini or midi version of the dress.


The next thing I cut out was a Merchant & Mills Camber Set top using the last of the John Lewis 'Splodge' print viscose which I made a Liesl & Co Everyday Skirt out of here.


And finally I cut out all the pieces of this vintage pattern that I bought for £1 from Past Caring in Islington. I thought I could make it out of this lovely viscose from my stash which I bought at Guthrie & Ghanie. Annoyingly there isn't quite enough fabric! As this pattern definitely needs a fabric with drape I may need to *buy* something new to continue with this project. Oopps!



Now I just need to find the right fabric for this cool dress. Any ideas sewing friends?

7 comments:

  1. Three good makes here. Enjoy having a reason to buy fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. Yes I'm looking forward to finding a not-too expensive viscose for the vintage pattern.

      Delete
  2. Three good makes here. Enjoy having a reason to buy fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall look foward to seeing the finished garments! I really like the collar on that last pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin. Yes I'm looking forward to making these new garments too.

      Delete
  4. Three lovely works in progress here, look forward to seeing how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caroline, I shall be following your tips for lining the Cleo - mine is so uncomfortable with the cord sticking to my tights or leggings that I am not wearing it. Good luck with the other projects. I love stash busting!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete