Sunday, 16 October 2016

Wool BnB

Last week was National Wool Week and I found out about the Campaign for Wool after some internet surfing. It turns out that a townhouse in Islington has been completely refurbished with wool products in every room. Decorated by interior stylist Karina Garrick with a vast number of artists, designers and British Wool Makers products ranging from carpets, mattresses, bedding, artwork and clothing.

The Wool BnB was open to the public this weekend and my friend Alex and I visited on Saturday morning. We almost had the place to ourselves but as we were nearing the end of our stay it was beginning to get a little busier.

I will leave you with a range of photographs I took of the many beautiful, fun and humorous woollen items made by weaving, knitting, felting or tufting.



Hand knitted throws on bed by Melanie Porter
Full English Breakfast knitted wool installation by Jessica Dance
Full English Breakfast knitted wool installation by Jessica Dance
Full English Breakfast knitted wool installation by Jessica Dance
Merino wool wall art by Jacqueline Fink
Felted plant pot holders by Aveva Designs








Alex catching up on the latest in wool news!
It was a really fun and inspirational event. The colourful interiors certainly brightened up a dull and dreary October morning.

6 comments:

  1. I've been trying to think which was my favourite piece, but I loved so many of them I can't choose just one! So much inspiration, so little time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex, there were so many lovely things and such vibrant colours too! I can't believe there wasn't any crochet there though!?

      Delete
    2. I saw a couple of crochet hooks in the cupboard with all the different wool samples accompanying a felt shape that had a one row crochet border. Also think the cushion in the photo above with the floor lamp might be jumbo crochet. But certainly wouldn't have expected to have to hunt so hard for crochet examples!

      Delete
    3. Glad there were a few bits of crochet but I still think there should have been more!!

      Delete
  2. I really wanted to see it, but couldn't get to London. Love your photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte, it's a shame you couldn't make it but it was only on for such a short time! Hopefully you got to enjoy my photos as a very poor substitute for visiting!

      Delete