Sunday, 23 October 2016

Wear Dots Raise Lots Spotty Skirt


Rosie Martin of DIY Couture is hosting a Sew Dots challenge during October to raise awareness and money for the Royal National Institute for the Blind. I donated £10 and finished a skirt project that I cut out in July. It was fortunate that the John Lewis sale viscose called 'splodge' which was £5 a metre had a black and white 'spotty' design.

This is my second Liesl and Co Everyday Skirt (my previous skirt was also made from John Lewis viscose) and it was pretty easy to sew together other than the annoying slippy viscose.





I wore my new spotty skirt for brunch in Notting Hill this morning and took a few photos of the area.






If you want to get involved with this challenge you are eligible for prizes if you have an Instagram or Twitter account using the #sewdots hashtag. You have until the 30th October to take part.

12 comments:

  1. What a fun idea for an awareness/fundraiser - cute skirt ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It's a great idea for fundraising!

      Delete
  2. Great skirt and what a great idea the challenge is. Hope you get a prize. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, as I don't have either a Twitter or Instagram account I'm afraid I won't be eligible for a prize ; (

      Delete
    2. You could always create a Twitter account quickly so that you could get a prize. Seems a shame not to be in with a chance after your hard work.

      Delete
    3. Hi Kate, maybe I should! Although having seen some of the other 'sew-dots' garments my skirt is really not that amazing in comparison and I doubt it would be in the running!

      Delete
  3. I do love a cool drapey viscose. Great skirt and lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ooobop! I certainly had fun taking the photos.

      Delete
  4. Great skirt, I haven't made a viscose skirt yet, but I imagine it is lovely to wear. And great that this coincided with a challenge for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex - yes it was a lucky co-incidence that one of my UFO's fitted into the sew dots challenge!

      Delete
  5. Random question - do you think this pattern could cope with a directional fabric. I have an embroidered cotton with horizontal stripes that I need a skirt pattern for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this would be fine for a directional print - you would just need to check pattern matching on the side seams and there are four altogether so a little bit more work than usual for a simple skirt.

      Delete