Saturday, 22 October 2016

Vintage Dolores Pocket Skirt

I dusted off my sewing machine to finish a project that has been hanging around for a while. I really enjoyed making my sixth Dolores Pocket skirt using a vintage fabric I have had in my stash for over ten years. I only had about a metre of fabric but luckily this pattern fitted *almost* all the pieces I needed. I used more stash fabric for sections of the skirt that didn't need to be in the main fabric; natural organic cotton for the pocket linings and hem-band with a beautiful olive green 100% silk for the lining.

Considering I have made this skirt a few times before (here, here, here, here and here) and I only needed to refer to the instructions once to check about the order of the waistband construction. It was the first time I have added a lining to this skirt and as the skirt has a hem-band I gave the lining a little ease and hand-stitched the hem-band to the lining. I did a second round of hand-stitching after attaching the lining but this time I stitched right through to the outer fabric to secure the hem-band in position.

Here is the finished skirt:










Pattern: Ready Ruthie Dolores Pocket Skirt = From stash
Fabric: 1 metre of vintage cotton = From stash
Zip: 12" green concealed zip = From stash
Interfacing: From stash
Gutterman Thread: Dark green & brown from stash

Total: Free!

6 comments:

  1. It is always good to use up stash on just the right thing like this skirt. I have a similar pattern from maria Denmark but it was a bit tight on my hips on my first go but I will try again as I like yoked skirts - very flattering, yours looks very Autumnal. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. It's great to use up stash fabrics - especially those that have been hanging around for years!

      Delete
  2. Love it :) The print is great for autumn, so hopefully you'll enjoy getting lots of wear out of this. Looks very neatly put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I'm looking forward to wearing it during the A/W season.

      Delete
  3. Great work! The skirt looks lovely and very autumnal in its colouring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin! I really enjoyed finally using my vintage fabric x

      Delete