Saturday, 10 September 2016

Life Drawing at Pearl & Groove

My third visit to Notting Hill's Pearl and Groove for a life drawing class did not disappoint. A very warm and humid day turned into an evener warmer evening broken by a huge thunderstorm mid-class.


Bella Franks the artist who runs the class under the heading Bits and Bobs was as sweet and organised as usual and the model was lovely too!
Here are my charcoal studies from the evening as well as some photos of the delicious cakes we got to sample.






4 comments:

  1. A lovely evening! I hadn't noticed that you'd added in some of the other sketchers in one of your drawings, a very nice touch! They are all lovely but think my favourite is of her crouching down, I think it captures the vulnerability of the pose very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I really enjoyed sketching the crouching pose despite the difficulty.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a lovely way to spend an evening! I really like your charcoal studies, and those cakes look pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn - yes it was a lovely evening and the cake was delicious!

      Delete