Thursday, 12 May 2016

Me Made May 2016 Week Two

The second week of Me-Made-May has flown by. For those of you who live in the UK can attest it has been the weirdest week weather wise!
Monday was scorchio then on Tuesday the heavens opened to full on torrential rain for two days and back to hot and humid temperatures on Thursday and Friday. Luckily I managed to wear appropriate attire (making sure I had a cardigan and raincoat in my bag!).




Day Nine
Top: Colette Laurel Top in 100% cotton from Samuel Taylors, Leeds. Made 2015
Skirt: SOI Tulip skirt in blue medium weight cotton from Ray Stitch, Islington. Made 2014
Necklace: Tatty Devine Phone Call necklace S/S 2016
Watch: Red G Shock 
Shoes: Paul Smith red Miller brogues

Day Ten
Top: Grainline Scout Tee in 100% cotton from Samuel Taylors, Leeds. Made 2013 
Trousers: Gap 
Necklace: Tatty Devine (Sample Sale 2016) Spaceship Statement necklace S/S 2014 
Watch: Clear G Shock 
Trainers: New Balance

Day Eleven
Top: Simplicity 1634 in Liberty Tana Lawn, Sharkut, Kensington. Made 2015
Trousers: Gap 
Necklace: Tatty Devine (Sample Sale 2016) Jewel Print Triple necklace A/W 2013 
Watch: Clear G Shock
Shoes: Paul Smith tan Marcello loafers 

Day Twelve
Top: Grainline Scout Tee in 100% cotton gifted by Sophie, Hong Kong. Made 2016
Trousers: Gap 
Necklace: Tatty Devine 
Watch: Clear G Shock 
Trainers: New Balance

Day Thirteen
Top: Grainline Scout Tee in viscose from John Lewis sale, London. Made 2014. 
Skirt: Liesl & Co Everyday Skirt in viscose from John Lewis sale, London. Made 2015.
Watch: Red G Shock 
Shoes: Paul Smith red Miller brogues

A surprise entry for Friday with a top & skirt combo that looks like a dress because they are made in the same lovely drapey viscose! It was the first time I have worn them together and I got lots of compliments from work colleagues today which is always a bonus when you have made the garments yourself.

How are you getting on with Me-Made-May this year?

10 comments:

  1. Loving your commitment to Tatty and me made! I'm not doing a great job of wearing me made clothing. Our weather is also weird - had red rain on Tuesday, which means no school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! Did you get your surprise parcel yet? Hope it got to you OK?!

      Delete
  2. Looking good :) I really love the top from day 11. I'm making my first scout t at the moment, inspired by all your wonderful and very wearable versions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know I love the Scout tee as it is so easy to make and uses just a metre of fabric! Have fun making your Scout ; )

      Delete
  3. I love your outfits, I would wear everyone. I thought the last one was a dress too! Your 2016 personal challenge sounds very much like mine. I am not wearing 'it' because I made it anymore, I am wearing 'it' because it is a better fit than what I can buy. Bravo to you Caroline, thanks for popping over to my MMM16. Jo x
    http://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! It is great to find new sewing bloggers x

      Delete
  4. I love your wardrobe and would wear all of it! I thought the last photo was a dress too, it is always good for the soul to get compliments. I am not an owner of the Scout T pattern- why ever not I am now wondering....Your 2016 personal challenge sounds very much like mine. I am not wearing 'it' because I made it anymore, I am wearing 'it' because it is a better fit than what I can buy. Bravo to you Caroline, thanks for popping over. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great second week. You have the most amazing selection of necklaces! Love the matching outfit, really works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Louise! I have been enjoying making an effort to dig out these crazy necklaces - sometimes you don't have the energy to co-ordinate an outfit!

      Delete