Friday, 6 May 2016

Me Made May 2016 Week One



This is my third year taking part in Me-Made-May the brainchild of the lovely Zoe of SoZo Blog.
I pledged to wear something me-made or me-mended / up-cycled every weekday.


I also mentioned I would blog a weekly progress report and share my outfits on Instagram (I have subsequently quit IG due to the overwhelming desire to update my own IG or check other peoples updates in an alarmingly addictive manner). I have scrapped the IG bit of my pledge and will stick to my blog!

My first foray into MMM in 2014 was a rather repetitive and sparse affair.  Since then I have been refining my makes and have taken quite a number of me-makes to the charity shop or am in the process of re-fashioning them. This leaves me with a much more usable wardrobe in 2016 but there is still work to be done....



Day Two
Top: Colette Laurel Top in 100% cotton from Samuel Taylors, Leeds. Made 2015
Jacket: Top Shop 2009
Trousers: Gap
Bangles: Marimekko
Watch: White G Shock 
Shoes: Paul Smith purple Dante Oxfords

Day Three
Shirt: Gap
Skirt: Simplicity 2154 in poly-cotton twill from Samuel Taylors, Leeds. Made 2013.
Cardigan: Gap
Necklace: Marimekko
Watch: Red G Shock 
Shoes: Paul Smith black patent loafers

Day Four
Top: Grainline Scout Tee 100% cotton from Sophie, Hong Kong (underlined with cotton batiste). Made 2016
Trousers: Gap
Cardigan: Gap
Watch: Clear solar G Shock
Shoes: Paul Smith brown loafers


Day Five
Top: Gap
Trousers: Sew Over It Cigarette Pants in linen / cotton blend from SOI Clapham. Made 2016
Cardigan: Gap
Watch: White G Shock
Shoes: Paul Smith brown loafers


Day Six
Dress: Vintage hand-made 1960's dress purchased at Pop Boutique, Leeds. Mended 2015
Watch: Olive green G Shock
Shoes: Paul Smith black patent loafers

12 comments:

  1. Ha, this is the same reason why I don't have Instagram and/or facebook.. I know myself and I always lose quality time when I waste it in some social media non-sense.. Have you considered joining the Flickr Group again? It is even smaller than last year and thus totally relaxed. I have time to take a real look at what everyone is wearing and the comments we leave each other are less superficial! I would love to see you there, but it is also fine with me to take a look at what you've been wearing here :-) I really like the way you combine your clothing and that the colors you choose are strong and bright! I really enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, I remember finding you via Flickr last year but I have streamlined my social media outlets and have quit Flickr too! I have been catching up with MMM via blogs and the odd google search using #MMM2016.

      Delete
    2. Okay, I think that was a wise decision and I totally get it! After all MMM is not about posting pictures in social media! I'm glad you're sharing your outfits on yout blog :-)

      Delete
    3. Yes - I am doing MMM in the old-fashioned way this year. Blog only. No IG or Flickr. It's all about the me-made clothes!

      Delete
  2. Well done on week one, I forgot to take photos on two days!!! IG steals far to much time doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Louise, IG is very friendly but like you say very time stealing. I ended up wasting too much time looking through my IG feed (as lovely as that was) when I could have been doing something fun / practical in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy MMM! I'm not officially taking part, but enjoy seeing how participants wear their me made items so thanks for taking the time to document!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I am enjoying a more relaxed approach to MMM this year.

      Delete
  5. Like your style and loving that vintage dress there at the end. My next overhaul are malfunctioning trousers! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Good luck with your trouser re-fit!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin! I'm getting there with a more balanced wardrobe!

      Delete