Friday, 27 May 2016

Me Made May 2016 Week Four

The fourth week of Me-Made-May has been great. I started the week on a mono-chrome kick and ended on one of my favourite colours of bright emerald green.

A high point was wearing the new Camber top I made last week and after wearing my Bettine dress in black and white gingham on Saturday morning I came to the conclusion that it definitely needs a re-fashion as it's way too short. My idea would be to add an extra 10cm band along the base of the skirt using the bias of the fabric to create a feature!? I might get around to it over the half term. On to the outfits:

Day Twenty One
Top: Tilly and the Buttons Bettine Dress in gingham from Goldhawk Road, London. Made 2015
Leggings: Top Shop
Necklace: Tatty Devine (sample sale 2016) Red Gem Cut Statement necklace A/W 2013
Watch: Red G Shock 
Trainers: New Balance 

I met my friend Alex at John Lewis on Saturday morning for  catch up and also to see lovely sewing bloggers like Tilly (Tilly and the Buttons), Jane (Handmade Jane), Maria (A Stitching Odyssey) who were spending their day making Tilly's Bettine Dress in the haberdashery department. It happened to be a bit of a coincidence that I was wearing the exact dress the girls were making!

I took a quick photo although you can't really make out any of them as they are deeply involved in pattern cutting and sewing. Left to right: Tilly, Maria and Jane!



Day Twenty Three
Top: Merchant and Mills Camber Set T-Shirt in ikat viscose from Samuel Taylors, Leeds. Made 2016
Trousers: Gap
Watch: Olive G Shock 
Trainers: New Balance


Day Twenty Four
Top: Colette Laurel Top in 100% cotton from Samuel Taylors, Leeds. Made 2015
Trousers: Gap
Necklace: Tatty Devine (sample sale 2016) Red Gem Cut Statement necklace A/W 2013
Cardigan: Gap
Watch: Red G Shock 
Shoes: Paul Smith red Miller brogues


Day Twenty Five
Top: 1960's hand-made vintage dress bought from a stall in Camden Passage, Islington. Mended 2015
Leggings: Top Shop
Necklace: Tatty Devine (Sample Sale 2016) Jewel Print Triple necklace A/W 2013
Cardigan: Gap
Watch: Olive G Shock 
Shoes: Paul Smith blue suede Miller brogues


Day Twenty Six
Top: Gap
Cardigan: Gap
Necklace: Wooden necklace by Materia CA bought from London Print Studios
Watch: Red G Shock 
Shoes: Paul Smith black patent Marcello loafers


Day Twenty Seven
Top: Gap
Jacket: Levis
Skirt: Sew Over It Tulip skirt made in Medium weight cotton from Ray Stitch. Made 2014.
Necklace: Tatty Devine 'Untitled' necklace designed by me
Watch: Clear G Shock 
Shoes: Paul Smith black patent Marcello loafers

Have you enjoyed Me-Made-May so far this year?
Have you noticed any me-made 'holes' in your wardrobe?

8 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed Me made May this year and I love your clothes. I have focused on fixing and refashioning for my challenge this time and it has brought loads of things back into play. I must say my Bettine in cotton doesn't feel quite right either but I don't know why? My jersey one feels a million times better. I will still call in. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I need to make a Bettine in jersey too - think it will be comfier! I have really enjoyed catching up with your MMM this year. Nice to find new sewing bloggers to follow Jo.

      Delete
  2. You have such beautiful clothes, I just love the colors you're wearing. They always so bright and cheerful and you combine them well, so that they are not "too much" but exactly the right dose :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat. I have really enjoyed MMM this year as I have so many more me-made clothes to choose from. There is a whole bunch of reject clothes that I decided not to wear for various reasons which I need to address at the end of the month.

      Delete
  3. The new camber top looks great. Think I need to invest in some more monochrome fabrics as they make for a pretty versatile wardrobe on their own or with a splash of colour as you often do so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I am trying to make more considered fabric purchases with regards to colour and fibre content and monochrome works really well for me as I get my print fix and it pretty much always works with the rest of my wardrobe!

      Delete
  4. I love the way you accessorise your outfits with such great jewellery makes an already unique look, really sparkle. I tend to wear the same few necklaces over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Louise. My necklaces are mainly from a company called Tatty Devine and I like to treat myself every now and again in their seasonal sales or annual sample sale. It's all designed and hand-made in the UK.

    ReplyDelete