Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Dolores Pocket Skirt #5 and more Marimekko cushions

Today's post has been brought to you with the colours black, grey and yellow.....

If you have followed my blog for a while you may know that I pattern tested for Ready Ruthie a PDF skirt pattern called the Dolores Pocket skirt. It is such a great fit for me. A simple narrow A-line, pockets and an angled waistband. This is my fifth version of this skirt my previous versions can be seen here, here, here and here.





Nothing much else needs to be said about the fit as I can sew up the adjusted pattern pieces from memory (I almost don't even need to refer to the instructions). The only changes this time were to make the insides of the skirt as nice as the outside with Hong-Kong seams and bias-bound facings.



The one metre of skirt fabric (Reel Time by Brigitte Heitland) was purchased in early January in the sale at Ray Stitch for £7, the bias-binding and concealed zip were from my stash so this felt like a little bargain! There was also a little bit of contrast pocket linings which came from the stash.



Onto another February make with MORE Marimekko cushions!!



I really can't get enough Marimekko cushions in my life!
I had the lovely Rasymatto print Marimekko fabric in my stash from the 50% John Lewis sale last summer. I had two metres of fabric to play with and had three cushion pads left over from my epic cushion-making session last summer. With three yellow zips from Ray Stitch I was set for a speedy session with my Bernina. I followed the same method as in my last cushion blog-post and was happily arranging my new cushions in the spare bedroom before anybody could say "What? MORE Marimekko cushions!".

Happy sewing days!!

What have you been making lately?

4 comments:

  1. This is another beautiful version of the pattern. The fit is great on you and I like the fabric and that you put so much effort in al the details.I need to start sewing some cushions and you motivated to get going, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat. The cushions are a quick and satisfying sew that really brightens up the house and relieves my stash from some fabric too - I would rather have them as cushions than hidden in my stash!!

      Delete
  2. Love the skirt Caroline! The inside looks very neat and looks like you did a great job pattern matching at the pockets! And more great cushions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I have to admit that now my house is 95% renovated I have become a cushion making addict!

      Delete