Wednesday, 30 December 2015

2015 Round-Up

I have enjoyed sewing and crafting loads this year. It has been a welcome break to work and now the house renovations have eased up somewhat I have had the opportunity to get creative.

My top instagram images show a decent range of me-made-makes:


A summary of my makes are (not all blogged):
  • McCall's M6696 shirtdress in Liberty corduroy
  • Sew Over It 1960's coat in cashmere and wool mix herringbone
  • Simplicity 1364 top in Liberty Tana Lawn - stash
  • Colette Laurel top in cotton - stash
  • Colette Sorbetto top in cotton - stash
  • Liesl & Co Everday skirt in John Lewis viscose - stash
  • Dolores Pocket skirt in re-fashioned cotton fabric - vintage
  • Marilla Walker's Isley skirt in Robert Kaufman linen - stash
  • Dixie DIY Bonnell dress in cotton - stash
  • Charity shop re-fashions (dress to top & maxi skirt to midi skirt)
  • Self-drafted skirt with pockets - stash
  • Sew Over It Ultimate shirt in Liberty Tana Lawn - stash
  • Two applique Creeper Face cushions - stash
  • Re-fashion men's cotton shirt to Liesl & Co skirt
  • Tilly and the Buttons Bettine dress in gingham - stash
  • Tilly and the Buttons Fifi camisole and shorts in cotton - gifted cotton from Hong Kong
  • Ten Marimekko cushions - stash
  • Patchwork Baby Quilt
  • Sew Over It Francine jacket - stash
  • Two applique Christmas stockings
  • Grainline Scout tee in GirlCharlee UK knit - SewBrum winnings
  • Named Alpi Chinos shorts (still not finished)
  • Burda Style 7123 trousers (still need hemming and crotch fitting issues resolved)
The pie chart indicates the volume of makes by type. My need to decorate my home after the house renovation with lots and lots of cushions has slightly skewed the results a tad! 
Well, I'm pretty happy with the volume of makes. It averaged out to over two makes per month.
Not bad at all.
I have learnt lots of new skills including sewing; a fully lined coat and jacket, a t-shirt in knit fabric, a camisole and my first patchwork baby quilt.



My loose sewing plans for 2016 are:
  • To sew a pair of trousers that fit - I don't mind what pattern at this moment
  • To learn how to do bound button-holes - and then make a jacket using the technique
  • Make more items using knit fabric - a Grainline Linden sweatshirt / Colette Mabel & Moneta / Tilly and the Buttons Agnes & Coco / Named Geneva Raglan tee & Sloane sweatshirt
  • Make a summer dressing gown with The Buchanan pattern by Gather (using only stash fabric)
  • To use more of my stash patterns (a lot mentioned above)
  • Use more stash fabric than I purchase!
That's about it for now I think - that is plenty to be getting on with!

How about you? Have you got any plans for 2016?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Caroline! You made a bunch of really great stuff and I am looking forward to seeing more from you in 2016, your plans sound great! :) I don't have any plans, maybe some more pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katharina - Thanks. You made a whole bunch of awesome too! I'm glad to have found your blog this year ; )

      Delete
  2. Hi Caroline, that's a pretty impressive list of makes! Look forward to seeing what you make in 2016, like you I'm hoping to get a trouser pattern fitting well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get a successful fitting pair of trousers too!!

      Delete