Saturday, 6 June 2015

Me-Made-May 2015 final week

My second year of participating in Me-Made-May hosted by the lovely Zoe was so much easier because I had a wider range of me-made clothing to choose from.
I pledged to wear me-made clothing and accessories from Monday to Friday again as I am still finishing the renovation of my house and knew I would be wearing the same painted DIY clothes most weekends. Having said that I did manage to squeeze in a few me-made outfits on the odd weekend when popping out of the house.

Before I conclude my 'findings', this is what I wore for the final week of May.


Day 23
Top: American Apparel
Skirt: Marilla Walker Ilsley skirt - me-made 2015
Scarf: Marimekko
Jacket: Levis
Shoes: Vans
Day 24
Top: American Apparel
Skirt: Warhol Dolores Pocket skirt - me-made 2015
Shoes: Birkenstock
Day 26
Top: Gap
Dress: Simplicity 9620 - me-made 2014
Leggings: Abercrombie and Fitch
Shoes: Vans
Day 27
Dress: Blue vintage dress - me-mended 2014
Shoes: Vans
Day 28
Top: Uniqlo t-shirt (Jonathan Adler collaboration)
Skirt: Colette Ginger skirt - me-made 2013
Leggings: Warehouse
Necklace: Marimekko
Shoes: Paul Smith purple Dante brogues
Day 29
Dress: Dixie DIY Bonnell - me-made 2015
Day 30
Top: 1970's vintage
Skirt: Marilla Walker Ilsley skirt - me-made 2015
Shoes: Birkenstock
My colourful final Me-Made-May 2015 collage.

Observations
I don't think it needs spelling out but I will anyway; I love separates!
As you can see from the above collage I have a wide range of black and white OR solid colour separates interspersed with a generous sprinkling of colourful abstract prints.

Seven new makes
I managed to make lots of new items in April and May that broadened my selection of me-made choices this year; Liberty Simplicity 1634 top, self-drafted tree skirt, Colette Laurel top, Colette Spotty Sorbetto top, Liesl & Co Everyday skirt, Warhol Dolores Pocket skirt and Dixie DIY Bonnell dress.

Conclusions and challenges
I enjoyed it much more this year as I have been honing my me-made wardrobe since MMM 2014, but there is still work to be done. I mentioned in my concluding comments last year that I needed to make some trousers - looks like this will be something I need to address before next MMM! I would also like to bust more of my fabric stash, actually make some of the dresses from my embarrassingly extensive collection of patterns , make a button up shirt and maybe some shorts. 

Favourite thing
My favourite aspect of taking part in MMM is the sense of camaraderie and friendship from other sewing bloggers. I loved the daily scroll through the Flcker group and instagram photos as well as discovering some awesome new blogs to read.
I have now added the following amazing sewers to my ever-expanding blog roll:

I am already looking forward to Me-Made-May 2016 and I hope that I will have met some of my sewing ambitions during the rest of the year.

6 comments:

  1. Separates are so easy to throw together in the morning and the combinations are limitless. Excellent review. I have found new blogs to follow too, always good to get more inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Louise. Finding new sewing blogs is always good in my book!
      I really enjoyed keeping up with your me-made wardrobe too.

      Delete
  2. That's a great collection of me-mades! Glad to hear you enjoyed the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. Yes, my me-made wardrobe is beginning to take shape.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed seeing you in your outfits everyday! :) And I am very glad to have found your blog! :) Thank you so much for mentioning me! How nice of you :) and thank you for all of your nice comments and for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. You have certainly inspired me to branch out of my separates obsession - I have plans for a dress in the pipeline.

      Delete