Friday, 22 May 2015

Me-Made-May 2015 Week 4


A great collection of colours this week. As my original pledge was to wear me-mades from Monday to Friday I 'over-achieved' with 6 days this week!

I included last Sunday's Everyday skirt in the round-up as the weather was pretty sunny in London. I stupidly sewed through the end of my thumb whilst finishing this skirt in a rush to wear it hence the rather attractive white plaster on my thumb in many of the photos this week.

Needless to say the rest of the week was considerably cooler weather wise hence the mega-layering going on.

Day 17
Vest top: Gap
Skirt: Liesl & co Everyday skirt - me-made 2015
Shoes: White Birkenstock

Day 18
Top: Colette Sorbetto - me-made 2015
Top: Gap long sleeved tee
Trousers: Gap
Cardigan: Gap
Necklace: Marimekko
Shoes: Paul Smith black patent Marcello loafers

Day 19
Top: Silk tee David David
Skirt: Sew Over It Tulip skirt - me-made 2014
Leggings: Warehouse
Shoes: Paul Smith black patent Marcello loafers

Day 20
Top: Gap long sleeved tee
Cardigan: Gap
Skirt: Sew Over It Tulip skirt - me-made 2014
Necklace: Tatty Devine 2013 sample sale
Leggings: Warehouse
Shoes: Paul Smith black patent Marcello loafers

Day 21
Top: Grainline Scout Woven tee - me-made 2014
Top: Gap long sleeved tee
Trousers: Gap
Cardigan: Gap
Scarf: Marimekko
Shoes: Paul Smith black patent Marcello loafers

Day 22 - Animal Theme
Top: Top Shop silk dress cut into top after shrinking in the wash - me-modified 2015
Cardigan: Gap
Skirt: Marimekko sale 2014
Necklace: Tatty Devine Parakeet workshop - me-made 2015
Shoes: Paul Smith purple Dante brogues

When I compare this year's MMM with last year I am finding the daily challenge of choosing outfits so much easier because I have more to choose from. I have noticed that I have worn 100% separates so far this month which is interesting especially considering I seem to have lots of dress pattern in my stash that I never get around to making like the BHL Flora, BHL Anna, Deer & Doe Belladone... the list goes on!

I recently read Sophie from Ada Spragg's post 'Love to sew v love to wear' which totally resonated with me after realising how much I lust after dress patterns but in reality (as evidenced so far in MMM) ONLY  wear separates. Maybe it's because I haven't got round to busting out those gorgeous dress patterns and actually made one that is skewing the results?! To be realistic I have only got three me-made dresses to choose from anyway!

How is your Me-Made May coming along?
Have you noticed any similarities / gaps in your me-made wardrobe?
Are you fed up of asking other people to take your daily photo or had enough of selfies?
Or are you still enjoying the challenge?

4 comments:

  1. Well done on the over achieving week! I know it is not a me made, but I love the fabric of your David David silk tee - I find it a bit frustrating how patterned fabric is nearly always floral (what I've found anyway), I'd love to find a drapey fabric with a cool print like this.
    Also, I hear you on the separates vs dresses pondering - I think dress patterns make great eye candy and for me invoke visions of being wonderfully elegant, but in reality I tend to be more comfortable in separates so they are winning out. Despite owning a few dress patterns, I've still not made a dress yet, should make an effort to fix that this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex - I agree on the floral fabric front too. The only floral skirt I have made is my Warhol Dolores Pocket skirt from last week.
      We need to find more geometric / abstract prints for our sewing needs!!

      Delete
  2. What a great round-up! I love how colorful your clothes were last week :) I especially like your green skirt! Maybe it's just still too cold to wear dresses or maybe you need to force yourself a little. That's what I did a time ago. I realized that I almost only sewed dresses but also only wore separates, so I bought some pairs of fitting new tights and reminded myself to wear more dresses and now I really do :)
    I'm excited to see what you wear this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frobelina x
      Hopefully we will get some sunshine in London this week so I can wear some dresses!

      Delete