Saturday, 9 May 2015

Me-Made-May 2015 Week two


Here is how week two looked with two new me-made items in the mix.

Day Five
Trousers: Gap
Necklace: Marimekko
Shoes: Paul Smith Tan Marcello loafers

Day Six
Top: Gap
Cardigan: Gap
Necklace: Marimekko
Shoes: Paul Smith Black patent Marcello loafers

Day Seven
Trousers: Gap
Cardigan: Gap
Shoes: Vans

Day Eight
Shirt: Gap
Cardigan: Gap
Shoes: Paul Smith Black patent Marcello loafers

Day Seven
Top: American Apparel
Skirt: Me-made 2015 and yet to be blogged about
Leggings: Warehouse
Shoes: Vans

On Day 5, I was happily surprised at how comfortable my new Simplicity 1364 top was and I think this is probably down to the soft and forgiving Liberty Tana Lawn it is made in. 

My favourite outfit this week was on Day 6. The Dolores Pocket Skirt is a very well constructed pattern with a shaped waistband and pockets (that I made bigger for comfort and extra 'stuff-stashing' possibilities) I also paired it with my favourite Marimekko necklace.

Onto Day 9 with my self-drafted skirt. I purchased this amazing Japanese print fabric for £10 in the sale at Ray Stitch in 2013 and have been dreaming about making a skirt like this for a while. Although I adore the fabric, I am not 100% convinced that this style of gathered skirt onto a straight waistband is that flattering on me. I will give it a few more wears and see if I change my mind. What do you think?

How is your Me-Made-May coming along?


8 comments:

  1. I love all your outfits and your amazing Marimekko necklaces (jealous)! I hope the japanese print skirt grows in you, because it looks lovely from here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilla x
      Gutted that the only Marimekko store in London closed down last month - they had a 50% off everything sale and I went a bit nuts on some awesome Uniklo fabric and a few necklaces x

      Delete
  2. Love the skirt and adore the Simplicity top on Day 5 - gorgeous! Frankly, you look super stylish every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you combine this bright colors with something plain. It makes them look even brighter! I also like that you so not use to much of those colors, everything matches with your outfit! :) i think the skirt is great, maybe you just need to get used to it, I think it is flattering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I am beginning to get a wardrobe that works together but there is still a long way to go - and lot's of fun sewing to be done!

      Delete
  4. Lots of great makes, the new Simplicity top looks fab on you. I have to agree with previous comments that you look very stylish every day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex - yes I'm pretty pleased with the Simplicity 1364 top - hoping to make another one this weekend fingers crossed x

      Delete