Sunday, 17 May 2015

Liesl & Co Everyday skirt

I downloaded and taped together the Liesl & Co Everyday skirt PDF immediately after seeing Katie's version in 2014 and it has been sat in a bag ever since. A combination of Me-Made-May and a recent stash audit motivated me to get this cute skirt finished.


I wish I had finished it earlier because I can see myself making a whole bunch more of them now that it is in its completed state.

I added about 8cm to the finished skirt length as I could see from Katie's version it would probably run a little short for me, other than that modification it was a lovely make. Oh, I used a section of iron-on facing on the pocket lining to stabilise and give it a bit of structure.

I kind of adapted the back section for the elastic with a separate tube because the viscose was a little tricky to work with for this final detail (although, I am sure it would be fine with a more stable fabric). I think the next version should be a lovely chambray or soft cotton. What do you think?

Here are the close ups:


12 comments:

  1. What a fun fabric! I bet you are pleased to have this skirt completed after starting it last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's great finishing those abandoned items x
      The fabric was from John Lewis sale last year.

      Delete
  2. I love the fabric too - it's a great skirt on you! I also love sewing a bit of chambray so yes to that! Have you got anything in your stash that could work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Yes I'm sure I have got a stash fabric i could use for this pattern. Must.Not.Buy.More.Fabric!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful fabric and shape of skirt. I can see why you want to make more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great modification! The length looks really good too. Gotta love a gathered waist skirt, so comfy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - yes this skirt is super comfy. That's why I need to make more!

      Delete
  5. Awesome skirt! Love the fabric and the shape. You'll defo buy more fabric when I come to visit, you might as well admit it now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie. I will try to be good when visiting the fabric shops. Might need to get some knit fabric if I'm to tackle a Coco though!

      Delete
  6. Lovely skirt and great colours for spring/summer! Think I need to make myself a viscose skirt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. The viscose hangs very well and feels lovely on BUT it is a bit of a pain to work with especially when cutting out!
      I think you should def make a viscose skirt at some point.

      Delete