Sunday, 25 January 2015

Pop-up Re-fashioning

Over Christmas I spotted a free crafting event at the Southbank in London for the first week in January - so I booked two tickets and invited my friend Natalie along. All you needed to do was turn up to the event with an item of clothing you want to adapt or re-fashion. It was part of a Pop-up charity shop for 'Mind' the mental health charity. The re-fashioning tools and accessories were provided for you to get creative! The choices were pretty extensive, they had; pom-poms, safety pins, sequins, beads, wool, embroidery threads, buttons, zips and pockets cut from other garments.

I had brought a selection of clothes but decided upon a simple navy gap tunic dress to change. There were no sewing machine available for any complex alterations so opted for a DIY re-fashion with these awesome coloured safety pins - the advantage being when I get bored I can easily remove them!



I also found any amazing bargain in the Pop-up charity shop - a bright green Paul Smith shirt in my size with the original labels attached for only £10. The original price on the tag was £148! Happy days. The button placements are quite unique and the buttons have been sewn on with different colours for an interesting touch.



2 comments:

  1. What a bargain on the shirt. This pop-up "shop" sound loads of fun. I love doing things like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it was a fun surprize bargain!

      Delete