Saturday, 13 December 2014

Christmas bunting at Sew Over It

In November I booked a 'festive bunting' workshop for myself and my friend Natalie at the new Sew Over It store in Islington. Natalie is learning how to sew and I thought it would be a fun way to catch up over a bit of craft.
The shop frontage of the Sew Over it store is a beautiful shade of lilac and inside it has the familiar pink highlights like the Clapham store. Lisa was running the session which started at 6pm with tea and cake (Nat and I were a bit late so missed that bit) then onto a quick demonstration by Lisa about how to construct the bunting.
After a speedy two hours I managed to come up with this! To be honest the selection of fabric that Lisa had prepared did not conjure up my idea of festive bunting - the fabrics were a range of polka dot cottons in lilac, pink, blue and black. I chose the blue polka dot and then bought half a metre of red polka dot and the darker coloured tarten you can see in the photo. I found a lighter red tarten in the scrap box that we had permission to raid.
It was only after Nat send me the photo of me looking dead proud of my bunting that I realised that the colour combinations of my sweater and trousers match perfectly!! How twee.

8 comments:

  1. So cute, I love that you match your bunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your jumper. I most definitely think we should come up with a jumper swap. Hope you have a brilliant Christmas. Bunting looks great. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the idea of a jumper swap!
      Hope you had a great Christmas too.

      Delete
  3. The bunting looks great, love that it matches your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the bunting was fun to make x

      Delete
  4. Love your jumper too! and funny that it matches the bunting so well.

    Thanks for your comment over at TLC, I'm sorry to read that you're not only having a Panic Saturday but that it might extend all week - I feel for you, I know how far dust can go - I do hope it all turns out well in the end, I'm sure your guests will have a fab time and be totally understanding of the situation.

    Between you and me, we're going away so I had to be ready as all the boys gifts needed wrapping and sending in advance, it kind of forced me into being done early, plus, bonus, for the first year in ages I wont be cooking!

    Have a great Christmas :) Bethx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great Christmas Beth x

      Delete