Saturday, 22 November 2014

McCalls M6696 update

It has been a busy sewing week or two. I have almost finished my McCall's M6696 shirtdress that I started at the Ray Stitch workshop with the lovely Clare from Sew Dixie Lou.
The photos below show the progress I have made. All I need to do now is to hand-sew the internal yoke and attach the sleeves - yeah! I decided to not use buttons with the traditional buttonholes but use big press-studs instead which I am pretty happy with.
The other ladies on the course were lovely and it was interesting how different our shirt-dresses looked because we all used such different fabrics. Below are a few photos of the last workshop on Tuesday 11th November.

Danny tackling her top-stitching!

Lisa showcasing her amazing almost-finished shirt-dress (she did loads of homework between classes!)

Fitting the collar onto my shirt-dress.
You can see the black polka dot inner collar facing popping out! 
The lovely Clare from Sew Dixie Lou with a fellow sewer also called Danny!
I couldn't resist taking a shot of the Ray Stitch counter 'after-hours' on my way out! It looks so lovely!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good so far - can't wait to see the finished article! Might need to get myself down to Ray Stitch at some point - it looks like such a nice place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ray Stitch is really nice. Let me know when you want to pop along - I'll join you ; )

      Delete