Monday, 4 August 2014

Monosewn & Two-Piece-Set-Acular

I participated in the July Monthly Stitch challenge for the first time. The lovely ladies at the Monthly stitch cleverly entitled this 'monosewn' because the challenge was to sew entirely in monochrome.
I decided to make another Dolores Pocket Skirt whilst I was in the swing of it using the black and white fabric bought in the John Lewis sale. It came together very well with hand-stitching on the waistband and pockets for added decoration.

It was after completing the black and white skirt I came across Ada Spragg's Two-Piece-Set-Acular challenge and thought I should create a co-ordinating top for that matchy-matchy effect. I will get some photos of me wearing this ensemble later in the week ; )


Quick google-detective work on the fabric revealed the apt title for the fabric is 'Connect the Dots' by Kim Schaefer. You can buy it here

7 comments:

  1. Great skirt Caroline. Keen to see how they look together, they should be easy to pair with lots of other pieces for loads of wear. I've been admiring a few monochrome garments lately, so will keep an eye out for suitable fabric on my next shopping trip.
    And thanks for introducing me to the monthly stitch challenge, looks like that will provide lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I'm not 100% sure I will wear the whole outfit together in public, but the bonus is that they can be worn as separates too.
      I've only just got onboard with the Monthly Stitch Challenges - been reading about them for a little while but its the first time I have got involved. The August challenge has a cake theme... should be interesting!

      Delete
  2. They look fab! I love the fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin.
      Yeah, I really like the fabric too ; ) Good monochrome basics to add to other me-made garments!

      Delete
  3. Set-tacular is right! The fabric is great and I think you chose some terrific patterns to showcase it. Nothing too fussy and prissy to get in the way of the fabric pattern. I know you mentioned you might not wear the outfit together, but I think it would look so nice! Again, because the pieces are nice and simple, you can totally carry off wearing it to look like a dress or suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Catja.
      My friend is taking photos later in the week so maybe I'll be convinced to wear it together 'in-public'! Bonus that the clothes can be worn as separates though - looking forward to some fun pairings ; )

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete