It has been an interesting challenge already (only a few days in) and it has really made me think about what I do and don't wear from my me-made-makes. I have compiled them into images below and you can see the 'refined' selection I have to co-ordinate my outfits from.
- The largest image (black and white striped Colette Sorbetto) I wear the most
- Love the patterned and white pin-ticked Colette Sorbetto's next
- I NEVER wear the red silk oriental top which I made to wear at my friends wedding in the mid 1990's (why I have still got it I don't know?)
- I only just made the BHL Polly top so yet to wear her
- The black and white spotty Grainline Scout Woven T gets quite a bit of wear but the back is a bit too big - so I need to adjust it
- The blue patterned Tilly & the Buttons Mathilde blouse gets some wear but I think I made it with too thick a cotton so it feels a bit stiff
- My polka dot 'Hirst skirt' was self-drafted from a skater skirt waaaaay back in the early 2000's - its made from some Ikea furnishing fabric and it has had A LOT of wear over the years
- I wear the black self-drafted skirt quite a bit too ripping off a Gap skirt from around 2006
- The blue and grey self-drafted bustle skirts don't really get that much wear - I have to be in the mood for these babies because they are a bit of a statement
- Cerise pink Collete Ginger skirt gets quite a bit of wear
- Red Simplicity 5154 pencil skirt gets lots of wear
- I love the Clothkits Trellick Tower skirt but you can't wear it too regularly because its so distinctive!
- Finally the bright pink polka dot mid-length circle skirt that I whipped up for a fancy dress event never gets worn - it also doesn't have a hem! Lazy me ; )
Despite loving dresses and wearing my RTW ones quite a bit for work I have only made a measly three dresses (and one of them is a vintage repair / re-fit)
- I wear the 1960's vintage dress quite a bit because the fabric is gorgeous, the drape of the fabric is amazing and the fit is absolutely perfect!
- The crazy-paisley self-drafted Top-Shop dress I haven't worn in public yet... and I made it about 6 years ago!
- The black and white Simplicity 9620 shift dress has yet to be blogged about as I only finished it on Monday
I haven't got any me-made trousers that are still in my wardrobe (previous attempts have been trashed) so it looks like an obvious area for developement - I am going to start with some PJ bottoms which I have been meaning to do for a while.
Well, it could be quite a repeatitive month clothes-wise if I don't finish these WIP's (works in progress):
- Red large spotty Colette Sorbetto top
- Chevon stripe bias Colette Ginger skirt
- Red small spotty Grainline Scout T
How are you getting on with MMM?
Are you going to make any new things to fill some wardrobe gaps?
What do you think I should make next?