Thursday, 17 April 2014

Amazing art exhibitions

As I mentioned in my previous post I have not had a chance to blog about some of the fun things I have experienced over the past few months.

Let's start with the Isabella Blow exhibition at Somerset House at the end of March. It was a beautiful collection of her vast (and expensive) clothing and accessories. She was a muse and patron for both Philip Tracey and Alexander McQueen so the range of things to see was impressive. Unfortunately because the exhibition was in its final week it was extremely busy and I wasn't able to get any photos of the lovely garments or hats.

In the stairwell leading to the exhibition there was an amazing installation based on Philip Tracey's hats created by Boo Studio.


Flock of Flurry - Paper Chandelier by Boo Studio 2014
Way back in December I visited the London Transport Museum with a friend to see the Art on the Underground celebrating 150 years of the London Underground. Again, as seems to be the case I visited in the final week of the exhibition, but luckily due to an early afternoon from work it was quiet.
Here is a selection of my favourite posters.




In late November I took a trip to the Fashion and Textiles Museum to see the Glamour of Belleville Sassoon exhibition which was lovely. It was great to see such beautifully curated highlights from the 1960's to the present day including a seperate section showcasing the fashion designs and garments worn by Princess Diana and other famous royalty.
Here are a few highlights from the exhibition:

Hand-painted coat circa 1960
1970's beaded bias cut dress
Velvet and silk dupion ball gown 1980's

Hand-beaded lace dress 1960's



No comments:

Post a Comment